Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
What You'll Need:
- 250 grams chicken breast, washed thoroughly and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp grated dry coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/2 lime
- Salt for taste
- Heat up oil in a large pan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until hot.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, and cumin seeds to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until it becomes golden in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Cook for 1 minute, mixing well.
- Slowly add sliced chicken breast to the pan.
- Add red chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In another pan, roast dried coconut on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until it becomes pink in color.
- Transfer coconut to a blender. Blend until it is very fine.
- Add blended coconut to the chicken and mix well.
- Add curry power and mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Check the tenderness of the chicken. If it is not done, adjust the temperature and cook on low for another 5 minutes before checking again.
- Mix well. Serve with jasmine rice or naan bread. Garnish with coriander leaves and lime juice.