Let's celebrate the spring season with colorful, healthy, do-able recipes that are sure to satisfy. One of our residents, who has quite the knack for creating recipes and styling food, whipped up a few beautiful dishes in her Sequoia kitchen... and she documented it all for us!
The first of her three recipes begins here, with our first course.
Arugula and Watermelon Radish Salad
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups of wild arugula, rinsed and pat-dried
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced watermelon radishes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil, stirring well.
- On a bed of arugula, add the sliced watermelon radishes and pickled onions. Drizzle dressing and top it off with a sprinkle of shaved Parmesan.
You can follow Ayesha and her thoughtfully-developed recipes on Instagram at: @thatbrooklynbreakfast