We're celebrating the spring season with delicious, healthy dishes! As a talented recipe developer and food stylist, Ayesha had no problem creating spring-inspired meals for us to share. Prepped, cooked, and plated in her Sequoia kitchen, check out the second of her three dishes... the main course!
Spicy Prawn, Cold Noodle Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You'll Need:
- 10-12 medium prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5 oz dried rice noodles
- 3 cups kale
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 4 tbsp jalapenos
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup water
- In a non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Add chopped garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and shrimp. Cook on medium-high heat until shrimp are pink and cooking thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add peanut butter, water, chili powder, lime juice, salt, and coconut sugar. Mix well and set dressing aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package directions. After cooked, run through cold water to ensure they do no overcook.
- In a serving bowl, add kale and rice noodles.
- Top with shrimp, bean sprouts, sliced carrots, jalapenos, red cabbage, scallions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle dressing on top and serve immediately.
You can follow Ayesha and her thoughtfully-designed recipes on Instagram at: @thatbrooklynbreakfast